Muhammad bin Hamad Al Thani Center for Muslim Contribution to Civilization announces a student writing competition entitled: Muslim Intellectual Life in 2nd Century Hijri/8th Century CE Baghdad.
Two top $10,000 prizes (one for Arabic and another for English) will be awarded. The best Arabic and English papers will be published.
1) There would be separate and equal awards for both English and Arabic language papers. The awards shall be as follows:
- a) First prize – ($10,000) Ten Thousand US dollars.
b) Second prize – ($7,000) Seven Thousand US dollars.
c) Third prize – ($5,000) Five Thousand US dollars.
d) Three (3) Incentive awards of ($2,000 Two thousand US dollars) each would be
awarded to participants selected by a Jury Committee.
1- Religion and Ethics
2- Natural Sciences
4- Literature and Poetry
6- Art and Music
8- The Art of Healing
9- Political Thought and Governance
Terms of participation in the competition:
1) Participants should be UNDERGRADUATE college/university level students only.
2) The competition is open to all Qatari and International students, both in Qatar and globally, whether Muslims or non-Muslims.
3) Participation in the competition can be in Arabic or English languages.
4) Participants must submit the registration form through the given Cognito Online Form link along with a recent photograph and a copy of their valid passport or identity card:
5) The research must be an original work, which was not published before and was not submitted to any other institution or research contest.
6) The researcher must adhere to the norms of academic writing and observe honesty in research.
7) The research paper must be written in a grammatically correct language with well-structured sentences and refined linguistic style.
8) The length of the research paper should be between 10000 -11000 words.
9) The following format should be followed in writing the research paper:
a) Font type: Time New Roman
b) Font size: 12 for the text and 10 for the footnotes
c) Space between lines: 1.5
d) Page numbers: Bottom of the page
e) Footnotes: At the bottom of the page
f) References and sources: At the end of the research paper
10) Research papers would be reviewed and judged by an academic committee
11) The decision of the committee shall be final.
12) The research papers submitted for competition will be the academic property of the Center and will not be returned to the participants.
13) Participation in the contest starts as of January 01, 2020.
14)The last date for submission of papers shall be June 30, 2020. No submissions would be considered if they reach the Center after this date.
For further information please contact: email@example.com