The Annual Quran Competition is an educational competition for youth (ages 12 to 17) which aims to enhance today’s generation by strengthening their connection to the Holy Quran.
The month of Ramadan is the holy month that God blesses with a magnificent hospitality, immeasurable rewards, and provides the greatest opportunity and environment for gaining better knowledge and spirituality. It is also the most blessed month for reciting the Quran.
In addition to the limitless blessings of this sacred month, participants will have the chance to win a prize, with 10 prizes for male winners and 10 prizes for female winners.
A choice of Apple or Microsoft gift cards as follows:
1st Place – $500
2nd Place – $400
3rd Place – $300
4th Place – $200
5th – 10th Place – $100
FORMAT AND HOW TO ENTER
- Complete the registration form and email it to email@example.com. (Register today!)
- Participants will be required to record and submit the predetermined selection of verses from the Holy Quran below.
- The video submission period begins on April 14, 2021 and must be completed on the submission page.
- The last day to register and submit videos is May 6th, 2021.
The chapter and verses for this year’s competition will be:
Surat ʻAbasa, Chapter 80, Verses 1 to 42 (entire chapter)
The recitation portion of this year’s competition will be based on pronunciation guidelines according to Tajwid: A Guide to Qur’anic Recitation. Participants are encouraged to begin studying this informative text as soon as possible.
Additionally, please note that this competition will focus on the tarteel method with emphasis on correct pronunciation.
- This competition is for male and female contestants that are 12 to 17 years of age only as of April 14th, 2021. This competition is for U.S. and Canadian residents only.
- Entrants must complete the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (A registration confirmation email will normally be sent within 1-2 business days.)
- Contestants will be judged on the Tarteel method of Quran recitation (such as in the following example) in applying the rules of Tajwid according to the Hafs version of the reading of Asim, which is the most popular of the readings of the Holy Quran throughout the Muslim world.
- Contestants will submit a short video showing their recitation of the assigned sections of the Quran per the submission guidelines.
- The contest begins April 14, 2021. Material must be uploaded by May 6th, 2021 via the submission page.
- By entering this competition, participants agree to defer to I.M.A.M.’s final authority in all competition-related matters or for all matters not explicitly outlined.
7. For all competition related questions, send your inquires to email@example.com.