A conference on the book “Mary in the Qur´an”, seeks to convene scholars who can discuss the major themes of the book, engaging with the chapters and in dialogue with them.
– Mary and the Bible and the Christian Tradition from an Islamic Perspective
– Mary as an Aesthetic Role Model
– Mary as a Figure of Emancipation
– Mary and Divine Action
– Mary and Prophetology
– Political Mariology in Late Antiquity
– Mary as Bridge Builder between Islam and Christianity
– Original and unpublished chapters are invited.
– Chapters are being invited to be published as an edited volume book by Brill Publishers which is aimed to be published in year 2024.
– The proposals should contain an extended abstract within 1200 – 1500 words and a brief bio note of the author(s) within 150 words.
Abstracts Deadline: 1 September 2023
Notification of Abstracts acceptance: 15 September 2023
Deadline for Full Chapter: 31 August 2024
Conference Date: 1.- 2. November 2023 (Online)
Contact: Zahra Mohagheghian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizer: CTSI Bonn – ZeKK Paderborn – University of Religions & Denominations Research Center – Institute for Interreligious Study & Dialogue