International Halal Conference (IHC) 2018, Halal Industry: Growth, Issues and Solution will be held on 10th to 11th February in Rosehill Gardens, Parramatta, Sydney.
International Halal Conference (IHC) is an excellent platform for Researchers, Academics, Islamic organisations, Islamic scholars, Islamic leaders, interfaith dialogue pleaders, Halal certification bodies, representatives of Government agencies, and Halal industry players, to meet, speak and seek consensual resolutions on critical issues related to Halal industry in ethical, professional and harmonious environment. It is platform where speakers conclude resolutions for the furtherance and betterment of Halal industry. In addition to imparting specific knowledge related different fields of Halal industry the participants also share their experience and expertise with those who are not well versed or clear about the importance of Halal products & services in the Australian trade and economy.
The objectives of the Conference are to:
– Create awareness about Halal food, products and services in Muslims and non-Muslims through delivering knowledge and information.
– Develop social harmony and understanding between diverse people of Islamic and non-Islamic backgrounds.
– Establish a hub for researchers, scholars, leaders, academics and business operators who work on Halal products & services as well as provide a platform for those who seek knowledge on Halal and Halal lifestyle.
The Theme of the IHC 2018 is ‘Halal Industry: Growth, Issues and Solution’. There will be 8 sessions including a special break-out session covering different topics related to Halal Industry:
Session 1. Halal and Healthy Lifestyle
- How Halal relates to healthy lifestyle
· Non-Muslims perception towards Halal
· Promoting Halal to Non-Muslims
Session 2. Halal Certification & Guidelines
- Australian Halal Certification: Challenges, solutions and future
· Moving towards Global Halal Standards
· How Halal Certification plays a role in non-food products
Session 3. Halal Trade & Economy
- Mechanism to Promote Halal Industry
· Muslims Perception on Non-Muslims Halal Companies
· How Halal Industry Playing a role in Australian Trade & Economy
Session 4. Islamic Investment & Finance
- The Future of Islamic Finance in Australia
· Pureness of Islamic Finance: Macro and Micro levels
· Potential Market in Islamic Investment
Special Break-out Session. International Halal Standards & Guidelines
Session 5: Halal Medicine and Treatment
- Future of Halal Medical Products in Australia
· Islam and Modern Medical Treatment
· Halal Medicine and Labelling
Session 6. Islamic Travel & Tourism
- Travel and Tourism from Islamic Perspectives
· Scope of Islamic Tourism & Hospitality in Australia
· How Islamic Tourism & Hospitality can attract non-Muslims
Session 7. Islamic Fashion & Design
- Muslim women and modest fashion
· How can Islamic Fashion attract non-Muslims
· Apprehensions on Islamic Wearing in the West
Each session is followed by a question/answer segment. Each topic is delivered by well-known international and local speakers, see details on following pages.