Al-Miqdād b. ʿAbd Allāh b. Muḥammad al-Ḥillī al-Suyūrī (d. 826/1423), known as al-Fāḍil al-Miqdād was a Shi’a jurist and theologian.
Al-Fāḍil al-Miqdād was born to a family from Banu Asad tribe in Suyur, a village of Hillah, Iraq. After passing scholarly levels and obtaining spiritual virtues, he moved to Najaf, and stayed there to the end of his life. Al-Shahid al-Awwal was one of his most famous students. Shaykh Muhammad b. Shuja’ Qattan known as Ibn Qattan, and al-Hasan b. Rashid al-Hilli were among his students. His most prominent work in fiqh is Kanz al-‘irfan fi fiqh al-Qur’an in which he examines jurisprudential verses of the Holy Qur’an. His other book is Al-Lawami’ al-ilahiyya fi l-mabahith al-kalamiyya which is in theology.
Abu ‘Abd Allah Miqdad b. Muhammad b. Husayn b. Muhammad al-Suyuri al-Hilli al-Asadi al-Gharawi, known as Fadil Miqdad and Fadil Suyuri was one of the great personalities of Shi’a and expert in both intellectual and narrative sciences. He was a notable jurist and a worthful theologian. Biographers who wrote about him admired and praised him.
Although, he had a high status among Shi’a scholars, and his books were very common in various fields; not much have been reported from his life. What has been reported is that he was a resident of Suyur (a village of Hillah, Iraq); he was from Bani Asad tribe and lived in Iraq; when Al-Shahid al-Awwal immigrated to Najaf, he attended his classes; he passed away in 826/1423 and was buried in Najaf.
• al-Shahid al-Awwal
• Fakhr al-Muhaqqiqin
• Sayyid Dia’ al-Din ‘Abd Allah al-A’raji
• Sayyid ‘Amid al-Din
• Shaykh Shams al-Din Muhammad b. Shuja’ Qattan al-Ansari al-Hilli, known as Ibn Qattan author of the book Ma’alim al-Din fi Fiqh Al Yasin
• Radi al-Din ‘Abd al-Malik b. Shams al-Din Ishaq b. ‘Abd al-Malik b. Muhammad b. Muhammad b. Fathan Hafiz al-Qummi
• Shaykh Zayn al-Din ‘Ali b. Hasan b. ‘Alala
• Shaykh Hasan b. Rashid al-Hilli In some sources, Abu l-Hasan ‘Ali b. Hillal al-Jaza’iri has been counted as one of Fadil Miqdad’s students. However, in his introduction to al-Lawami’ al-ilahiyya, Sayyid Muhammad ‘Ali Qadi Tabataba’i rejects this claim mentioning various evidences and says al-Jaza’iri was a student of Ibn Fahd al-Hilli.
• Risala adab al-hajj
• Al-Ad’iya al-thalathun
• Al-Arba’un hadithan
• Irshad al-talibin ila nahj al-mustarshidin
• Sharh alfiyya (written by al-Shahid al-Awwal)
• Al-Anwar al-jaliyya fi sharh al-fusul al-nasiriyya (written by Nasir al-Din Tusi)
• Tajwid al-bara’a fi sharh tajrid al-balagha
• Al-Tanqih al-ra’i’ fi sharh mukhtasar al-nafi’
• Al-Jami’ al-fawa’id fi talkhis al-qawa’id
• Sharh si fasl (written by Nasir al-Din Tusi)
• Kanz al-‘irfan fi fiqh al-Qur’an
• Al-Lawami’ al-ilahiyya fi l-mabahith al-kalamiyya
• Al-Nafi’ yawm al-hashr fi sharh al-bab al-hadi ‘Ashr
• Nadd al-dawa’id al-fiqhiyya ‘ala madhhab al-imamiyya
• Nahj al-shadad fi sharh wajib al-i’tiqad (written by al-‘Allama al-Hilli)
• Sharh Mabadi al-usul (written by al-‘Allama al-Hilli)
• Tafsir Mughmadat al-Quran